Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Just Right... Sort Of

I'm a long-term fan of Just Right. It has brought me many bowls of pleasure over the years. We don't buy it because it's too expensive, but in theory, I heavily endorse it.

But I must say I've been disappointed to see an expansion of the line. I saw the ad the other day, with some manner of Daddo as the spokesman, running me through all the new and wonderful variations.

But do they not see the terrible irony here? They are totally desecrating their original, and (I would venture), true assertion, that the product, in it's original form, is just right.
Now call me foolish, but if something is just right, it needs no line expansion or variations on a theme. It is complete and perfect in and of itself.

3 comments:

Amy said...

You make a good point, yet I'm glad for the expansion. I don't like original Just Right (I think it's the apricot), but was sucked in by a special on the blue box when it was new. It has joined the ranks of cereal I'll buy every now and then for a treat, or if it's on special (like you, too expensive for every day eating).

Pedro said...

'Just right' referred to the amount of profit margin they were making, duping people into thinkming they were having anything but sugar and flakes.
However, I am sure the GFC has put the clamps on 'just right' and that is now 'not enough'...
Just wait till you see that packaging...

Ben McLaughlin said...

Amy, it's the apricot that made it just right in the first place! Breakfast cereal apricot is the best apricot in the word. Hard and chewy and great. The worst thing is when you think you are getting apricot only to be rudely shocked by a mouthful of dried paw paw, which frankly is repugnant.

Pedz- Gosh, so young, and yet so cynical.