Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Monday, August 18, 2014

Day One

Well, the time has officially arrived. I'm sitting at my recently acquired computer, at my recently acquired desk, in my recently cleaned up garage, on Day One of work as a freelance artist. It feels good! I've thought about this moment for a long time.

Outside it's pelting down, and it's fantastic to not be huddling under a brolly on a crowded station, or squeezing amongst a multitude of other wet bodies on a late train. Yep, it's freezing in my 'office', and I'm wearing long johns under my jeans, and a scarf, beanie and two jumpers. And I'm not 100% sure my garage is going to hold out in this weather. I've already spotted a couple of drips.

But I'm a freelancer, dang it!!

I can talk to myself out loud. I can turn up some viking metal and pump it through my recently acquired sub woofer. I'm surrounded by teetering shelves of my favourite comics and books. I just dropped the kids off at school. I can have lunch with my wife.

Life's good!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Congradulations!

Wendy said...

Working at home is awesome. Enjoy!

Pedro said...

Welcome to the dark side Luke...

Alistair Bain said...

Sounds fantastic Ben.

Go well.